Bay Area Z Association

A place for BayZA members to chill

This Is Just Ridiculous...

A place for BayZA members to hang out, chill and talk about Z cars.

This Is Just Ridiculous...

Postby TheOrteganator » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:09 am

So I think we all know by now that I don't exactly have the best luck with cars. First I ended up with Tony's cursed car, got that hit twice and had about 234098134098134 million clutch related problems, then after that got piled and totaled ended up with the 240Z as you all know. Did some shit with that car, put my 350hp hand built race motor in, and then decided I hated the car and wanted to sell it. Well I got to doing some thinking and figured out that as far as a track car goes it isn't going to get much better or cheaper than the 240Z and started to lean towards keeping it realizing that I'm gonna regret getting rid of it.

Until it got stolen, that is. I live in Belmont... who the fuck steals a car in Belmont?! I was hoping it would turn up but it's been a few days now so I don't think I'm going to get anything back. All I really want back is the motor because that's the one thing that no amount of money can replace. Long shot of course but just keep an eye out if you guys happen to see anything related to my car for sale, any of the unique stuff at least that is.

-Jim Wolf 3.1 Stroker Race Motor (although the bastards probably have no idea what engine they just stole, so look for a L28 with triple Webers with a Ferrari V12 air filter assembly and a red painted block)
-Flat Black Painted early (the thin style with none of that safety crap stuck on) 240Z bumpers
-16x7" +0 Offset authentic Panasport wheels w/ 225/50/16 Bridgestone RE730 tires

For their own good... I just hope that I don't find them.
TheOrteganator

Re: This Is Just Ridiculous...

Postby riu » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 am

dude... your life kinda sucks. best of luck
Image.
riu

Postby chicagozer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:52 am

Horrible.
chicagozer

Postby BigBear » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 pm

That sucks. Did you happen to have full insurance? I hope you find it, but usually if you do it's been stripped already :(
BigBear

Postby TheOrteganator » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Yeah luckily I have full coverage. I'm still waiting for the insurance settlement though and I'm concerned to say the least about the amount they're going to offer.
TheOrteganator

Postby BigBear » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:08 pm

That's good. You should at least be able to get back what you paid, but that still isn't enough. Maybe the insurance company will work with you. Good luck.
BigBear

Postby oniham » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:32 pm

...I don't think it was my car that was cursed, you have the WORST luck man. I'm sorry all these bad things have happened to you in such a short amount of time, start carrying some kind of lucky charm around?
I drop off but i also deliver!

oniham

Postby SCauntay » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:01 pm

man that is bad luck. best of luck with the insurance company though. if you have any receipts for the parts you have for the motor it should help out.
SCauntay

Postby riu » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Kevin, i feel bad for you, i really do. but at least this was stretched across the span of a year.

In the last 2 months, My 2+2 died, and i finally diagnosed the problem and got it fixed, I totalled it 2 weeks after fixing it. 2 weeks after totalling it, I got Pa's Slicktop, and I blew the motor 2 days after that, which was about an hour ago.
Image.
riu

Postby ZSTYLN » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:53 am

I feel for both of you! I just hit 221,000 on the clock and I was just telling my wife that we should get ready for a "major investment" next year. However, I put 280,000 on my 280ZX before I put in another motor so I'm hopeful!
ZSTYLN

Next

Return to General Chit Chat