Bay Area Z Association

A place for BayZA members to chill

The Lemons i-Mark project.

A place for BayZA members to hang out, chill and talk about Z cars.

The Lemons i-Mark project.

Postby riu » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:50 am

Being that this forum is super dead, and shockingly, I am finding more activity at the Isuzu Forums, i'm just going to copy one of my threads from over there to here to keep you children entertained.

http://www.isuzone.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20859

I've posted here and there on random threads but i figured i should just make one thread in this section to consolidate everything and document my ridiculous journey with this car.

I picked up the Motoring J Style I-Mark RS that campaigned last season for the west coast 24 Hour of LeMons events. We raced in the Buttonwillow race in August and Thunderhill race that just passed and we're looking at racing it in at least 4 events next year.

We didn't really have time to repaint it between buying the car, fixing it, and the Buttwonwillow race, so we just left it in a questionable neighborhood and told a few people they could graffiti all over it. We soon decided we didn't particularly like that, so we painted it charcoal grey

For the Thunderhill race, our I-Mark was dead when we picked it up from where we were storing it, we had to push it onto the trailer, and we had to push it through tech inspection. which it barely passed.

our clutch cable detached itself, our axles fell off... 3 times, our wheel fell off, and our transmission fill bolt was stripped down to a perfect circle when we tried to fill up some fluid.

after all that craziness that was saturday, sunday we did great and were able to run the car the entire day with the exception of the first 20 minutes of the sunday stage of the race.

We have some issues to resolve. We're leaning out at around 4000 - 5000 rpm and then we get it back again near the top, we're not sure if its a vacuum leak, a problem with the timing, or if its the ecu. but we lose steam and it's hurting us quite a bit considering we're already one of the slower cars out on the field.

Image.
riu

Re: The Lemons i-Mark project.

Postby DjTalya » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:56 pm

lmao nice pictures I liked that motoring j style theme that home town buffet decal made me LOL!!!!!! is that cars suspension stock?
300zx is a lifestyle
DjTalya

Postby chicagozer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:13 am

Have you been to any Isuzu meetups yet?
chicagozer

Postby riu » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:31 pm

frankie and i bought the car from Motoring J Style, got a peek at their collection when we went to their warehouses, some ridiculously nice cars up there.

there are pretty much no isuzu meets ever anywhere. definitely not in ca.

apparently there has been less than 4 I-Mark sightings in the bay area, i have never seen another one of these cars.

The suspension is stock right now, i bought kyb gr2 and i'm not sure if i'll put them in yet. we're trying to spend as little as possible, and i don't have the full set for the KYB's yet. we were going to take a plasma cutter and cut the springs, but we ended up not doing that.

All we have actually done to the car is replace the tie rod ends because those were bent from the crash it was in before we bought it. the axles were replaced about a year ago. probably going to put the kyb gr2 in, find some good tires maybe some wider wheels, and just get it to stick to the ground a bit better
Image.
riu

Return to General Chit Chat