Bay Area Z Association

A place for BayZA members to chill

What to do with my Z...

A place for BayZA members to hang out, chill and talk about Z cars.

What to do with my Z...

Postby TheBAYtoLA » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey all...well its Jan 2nd, officially 1 year and 1 day after I bought my Z that I had sought after since the young age of 14.
I really want to keep it, but have really put it aside due to more important things in life like school, family, and other personal stuff.

I am so close to finishing it up, with most of the hardwork already done. It just needs paint, tires, and a little routine maintenance to get it at 100%. It needs like 2-3 more Gs to do all that, and then shes ready for the road. I always get tempted to sell it, but honestly I don't think there is really a market for project Zs, and I definitely wouldn't get the money i put into it back, so selling really isn't the smartest investment. As for now, it has been sitting in storage with only about 400 miles that I put on it since I bought it from the original owner...I have a stable job and it would easily be completed by the summer. Have you guys been in a position like this, and what do you do? Keep fixing and building it, or give up and get a DD? (Or both?)

Would anyone be interested in finishing off it for me?

its got a ton of mods too that ive done all myself, and its just a fricking awesome car...Rebuilt engine, starts up everytime, and purrs like a Z always does...Not to mention it has basically all the mods you could do besides turbos!
TheBAYtoLA

Re: What to do with my Z...

Postby riu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:15 pm

finish it and buy a cheap beater. something under 4k and you can just enjoy a fun car that you can just mash on and still save gas like a e30 or an s13. but just leave it relatively stock.

drive the Z on weekends and track events.

basically what my plan is going to be when i revive one of the Z's i got.
Image.
riu

Postby inf » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 pm

I 2nd Roger...depending how well you are offer financially, I'd keep it and get a DD....that's what I did. I was VERY close to selling it, had ads out for it and everything...even bought a 240sx in replace of it....I guess it was by the grace of God that some drunk driver cut me off and totaled the 240...which in turn made me keep the Z. As for my DD, it's still a Nissan...Sentra GXE, woohoo!
inf

Postby TheBAYtoLA » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 am

well i might as well just fix it up anyways because it has to eventually be my DD starting in May. Im just gonna baby it then i guess
TheBAYtoLA

Postby BigBear » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:07 pm

"Have I been in a similar position to this?" Oh you have no idea. I have another Z in Indiana in the middle of a TT swap that I can't finish because of school taking my time AND all of my money. I think about selling it a lot. I think about selling my DD to pay to have someone else finish it, but that's out now because the trans on that is dead. I think about many scenarios. My advice would be to keep it. If you sell it you WILL regret it. I sold my 96 and now regret not getting a loan to pay for school instead. Keep it and finish it when you can.
BigBear

Postby ZSTYLN » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Keep it and finish it! It's going to hurt while you struggle, but the end result will be worth it!
ZSTYLN

Postby BigBear » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh, and that yellow fender is sick!!! Where'd you get that!?!!? I need one like that for my Z :lol:
BigBear

Postby TheBAYtoLA » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:11 pm

^^ hahah yeah man thanks for making my car stick out like a sore thumb now! Im too lazy to primer it for now...my friends sorta like the look, all i have to do is just get a passenger side yellow fender to match
TheBAYtoLA

Postby inf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:48 pm

wow...your friends sorta like the look? wow...
inf

Postby mkiv98 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 am

I'm looking for a turbo Z right now but do you have some more information about the car like the year miles title? How much are you looking to get for it? With or without the wheels?
mkiv98

Next

Return to General Chit Chat