Bay Area Z Association

A place for BayZA members to chill

na to a TT

Ask technical questions, get technical answers.

na to a TT

Postby mechcanic408 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:15 am

was thinking about my tt swap lately and was wonder would it be more cost effective if i just bought a tt and swapped the motor in too my 2+2 and put the na in the tt. or just buy the motor with the ecu and the harness. my friend has a TT motor harness turbos ecu. the only thing i think i am missing are the inter coolers my 5speed tranny came out of that tt 2+2 that came out of pick and pull. that motor is a USDM motor. so smog isnt the problem. from what i been told that motor been sitting in side a apartment for about couple years and was thinking would it be worth picking it up?
mechcanic408

Re: na to a TT

Postby BigBear » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:21 pm

You'll need more than just an engine, ecu, harness and intercoolers. I think you'd be better off going with a clip or buying a wrecked TT so you get everything you need. The list of parts to source is long without a donor car. TT fuel pump, oil cooler, intake piping etc. But it can be done. I think Dualz32 should have some good insight, I'm pretty sure he finished his swap. Buying a TT and putting the engine in your 2+2 might be a good idea if you were going to flip the TT with an NA engine for extra money. I don't know how selling a TT car with an NA engine would go though.
BigBear

Re: na to a TT

Postby riu » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:32 am

go to mwsmotorsports.com they have a full write up of pretty much everything you need and the breakdown on parts.
the shop is no longer in business, but Ravi (RevTech) was one of the mechanics there and he's got one of the best NA->TT swaps around, I would ask him.
Image.
riu

Return to Technical Garage