Bay Area Z Association

A place for BayZA members to chill

Leaky T-tops and new exhaust

Ask technical questions, get technical answers.

Re: Leaky T-tops and new exhaust

Postby oniham » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:17 pm

tired of getting shat on in the z? :lol:

I've been down that road before, then i realized the greatest car ever is

the s13 fastback
w/ stance coilvers
nardi steering wheel
and recaro seats

tim kwei has showed me the error of my way, and proved to me that the s13 is the greatest car in the world
I drop off but i also deliver!

oniham

Postby darkdrifter04 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:21 pm

PROVE IT!
if i were u i'd get the specialty Z exhausts, they definitely look the cleanest imo
darkdrifter04

Postby rockyz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:50 pm

I'd like to race a S13 on the Touge. Like full mashing out.
rockyz

Postby BigBear » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:58 pm

tougedrifter wrote:
BigBear wrote:
tougedrifter wrote:I hella happy I dont have to worry about all that :D

Eh, from my experience they seals have been very good on the 3 Z's I've had. But go ahead and brag about having a slicktop. haha. I'll just come right back with, how many pounds of boost are you running in that light weight racing machine? None? Yeah that's what I thought. haha

lol brag? no, i wasnt bragging, i am happy that I dont have extra problems to worry about, and I am not going to race, I got over that idea, I am just going use my car for cruising for now, in the future, maybe I will swap the engine plus upgrade turbo, and then maybe I can answer your question lol

I knew you weren't really bragging. Some people do though. Personally I think that being able to take the tops off is a great part of Z's. It's so relaxing to just cruise with the tops off. Enjoy your slicktop, I'm sure that having the windows down is enough, I mean you are in a Z :D
BigBear

Postby riu » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:07 am

i love my t tops, but i really want a slicktop as a project and my 2+2 as my cruiser
Image.
riu

Postby tougedrifter » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 am

yeah I know t-top is great for the summer, I would imagine it would be fun to drive lol.
Image 1992 slicktop!
tougedrifter

Postby darkdrifter04 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 pm

i have yet to sit in one with the tops off...casper come home already ;)
darkdrifter04

Postby TheOrteganator » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 pm

I have to be honest here... an S13 would absolutely kill a Z in touge. My friend used to have a S13 hatch, SR20DET red top, and modded on top of that. Handled much much better than a Z32, a shit ton lighter too. I prefer owning a Z32, but driving a S13.
TheOrteganator

Postby tougedrifter » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:55 pm

TheOrteganator wrote:I have to be honest here... an S13 would absolutely kill a Z in touge. My friend used to have a S13 hatch, SR20DET red top, and modded on top of that. Handled much much better than a Z32, a shit ton lighter too. I prefer owning a Z32, but driving a S13.

lol maybe s13 can turn faster, but you won't be driving in style like the z32! lol xD
Image 1992 slicktop!
tougedrifter

Postby gwailo_joe » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:11 pm

hey Thanks All for the input. . .last couple days the t-top leak is way less (less rain lately too) but so it goes. . .come Spring the top comes off and all will be well.

working overtime right now to pay for the exhaust upgrade ;) Nice to know a guy has options. . .let you know how it goes

Which leads to another question: 350Z wheels. I like em'. plus looking on c-list there are some deals out there (i like the newer angular 18s(?)) But while i know they'll fit: how will they feel? Less clearance means more fender bumps due to potholes and the like, yes? Stock wheels are 15 of course (how quaint), but will bigger rims affect performance? The ol' NA, she is not so quick, but I dont want to lose any giddyup if i can help it.

Thanks Z32 gurus!
gwailo_joe

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Garage