Bay Area Z Association

A place for BayZA members to chill

Leaky T-tops and new exhaust

Ask technical questions, get technical answers.

Re: Leaky T-tops and new exhaust

Postby tougedrifter » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:09 pm

gwailo_joe wrote:hey Thanks All for the input. . .last couple days the t-top leak is way less (less rain lately too) but so it goes. . .come Spring the top comes off and all will be well.

working overtime right now to pay for the exhaust upgrade ;) Nice to know a guy has options. . .let you know how it goes

Which leads to another question: 350Z wheels. I like em'. plus looking on c-list there are some deals out there (i like the newer angular 18s(?)) But while i know they'll fit: how will they feel? Less clearance means more fender bumps due to potholes and the like, yes? Stock wheels are 15 of course (how quaint), but will bigger rims affect performance? The ol' NA, she is not so quick, but I dont want to lose any giddyup if i can help it.

Thanks Z32 gurus!

ha, good thing raining season is going away, that mean no leak for you and photography time for me, and good luck with your exhaust upgrade, just dont work too hard to a point where you can't enjoy your car!

I like the 350z anniversary rims the best. First, did you lower your car? or are you going to? I think z32 stock wheels are 16, unless you have a z31, then I don't know lol, and as for performance wise, suspension set up, size of your wheels and tires all come in to play, and alot more that I don't know or fully understand yet, I will let the more technical ppls to answer that question for you. If you riding stock suspension, I doubt you will have fender bumps or rubs, but if you want to be safe, you can use stiff suspension, but you will have shitty ride (I know this first hand, my head hit the roof couple time and I am only 5'6" 5'7"ish lol)
Image 1992 slicktop!
tougedrifter

Postby BigBear » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 am

You should be fine if your suspension is stock, which I assume it is since you're just starting to work towards modding your car. I actually have an extra set of the 350z 18 in wheels that I am not going to use and am thinking about selling. Let me know if you're interested. They are the older rounded ones though, but they do look nice, I had them on my old yellow Z for a bit. BTW, touge is right, stock wheels are 16's.
BigBear

Postby riu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:35 am

tougedrifter wrote:
TheOrteganator wrote:I have to be honest here... an S13 would absolutely kill a Z in touge. My friend used to have a S13 hatch, SR20DET red top, and modded on top of that. Handled much much better than a Z32, a shit ton lighter too. I prefer owning a Z32, but driving a S13.

lol maybe s13 can turn faster, but you won't be driving in style like the z32! lol xD

you don't get more classy than driving a white s13 hatchback with a nardi steering wheel, stance coilovers, and a recaro seat. a van full of asian bitches will roll up and have sex with you because its so classy
Image.
riu

Postby tougedrifter » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 am

BigBear wrote:You should be fine if your suspension is stock, which I assume it is since you're just starting to work towards modding your car. I actually have an extra set of the 350z 18 in wheels that I am not going to use and am thinking about selling. Let me know if you're interested. They are the older rounded ones though, but they do look nice, I had them on my old yellow Z for a bit. BTW, touge is right, stock wheels are 16's.

In my opinion, suspension before bigger wheels, unless you want to look like this :
I mean unless your current tires are bold, then I guess that is understandable lol
Image 1992 slicktop!
tougedrifter

Postby BigBear » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:25 am

eh, 18's on stock suspension aren't bad. Now I want to go put my 18's on and see how they look...
BigBear

Postby tougedrifter » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:40 pm

BigBear wrote:eh, 18's on stock suspension aren't bad. Now I want to go put my 18's on and see how they look...

lol, I guess I am on 18 right now, just imagine about 2 more inches off the ground... gl tho
Image 1992 slicktop!
tougedrifter

Postby BigBear » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:02 am

Well, if you do it right and get the correct sidewall thickness it shouldn't acctually raise your car. You'll just have more wheel and less tire, but be at the same height.
BigBear

Postby tougedrifter » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:35 am

BigBear wrote:Well, if you do it right and get the correct sidewall thickness it shouldn't acctually raise your car. You'll just have more wheel and less tire, but be at the same height.

yeah thats truth totally forgot about the tires size and stuff...
Image 1992 slicktop!
tougedrifter

Postby tougedrifter » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:35 am

BigBear wrote:Well, if you do it right and get the correct sidewall thickness it shouldn't acctually raise your car. You'll just have more wheel and less tire, but be at the same height.

yeah thats truth totally forgot about the tires size and stuff...
Image 1992 slicktop!
tougedrifter

Postby kaoticdemize » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:11 pm

if you havent already done your exhaust and you live in san jose area pm me, i had custom ones put on for a low price and done well, they sound great and are really loud but deep, ask ravi he drove it :)
kaoticdemize

Previous

Return to Technical Garage