Bay Area Z Association

A place for BayZA members to chill

stupid Rx-7

Ask technical questions, get technical answers.

Re: stupid Rx-7

Postby riu » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:15 am

do my eyes deceive me? is that a passenger seat I see?
Image.
riu

Postby rockyz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 am

Yah. I think those things are for giving people rides and stuff. Not that anybody wants to ride in this car. My old Rx-7 had full interior, quiet exhaust, and a normal suspension. People still wouldn't ride with me. When I drive the Mercedes or the Highlander everyone wants a ride. Lame.
rockyz

Postby Oaklandish » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:52 pm

darkdrifter04 wrote:ya kbb says around 10k for the e36's...i love the e46 but i just can't imagine myself in one, probably cause i'm too small and i'm too young lol. i still need to test drive a Z, and the things in that price range to see how much i truly love it. what other cars are in this price range now that are decently reliable, look good, and drive well? i need to test drive everything and compare before spending that much money on a car lol

Really? You look at KBB? You should give Tony 10 grand for his M3..
Oaklandish

Postby rockyz » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:47 am

Got back from Asia and decided to work on my Rx-7 again. Swapped out the ricer exhaust, changed my oil, and bolted back on a few pieces that I took off when I was working on earlier this summer. Overall the car looks and drives a lot better now. With the quieter exhaust, I can almost daily this thing if it wasn't for the harsh suspension and stripped interior.

I did wash the car today but I didn't get a chance to take pictures. Here is what it looked like after I put the exhaust on:

It's a Racingbeat Catback setup. It's what I've always wanted for this car but I couldn't justify forking over 650 for a catback exhaust. I found this guy at Pittsburgh that was willing to trade me for my old exhaust with no cash involved. We even did the swap in his garage. Hooray for patience?

Now I can finally take this thing out at night to touge without waking up the neighbors!
rockyz

Postby Oaklandish » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 am

Rocky I remember your suspension was completely f'ed in the front right.. Did you get that taken care of?
Oaklandish

Postby rockyz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:22 am

nope. the car drives straight and I can still touge. I think that's about all that matters now.
rockyz

Previous

Return to Technical Garage